Seniors: What you should be doing now...Posted on Sun, 08/14/2011 - 07:17
Attention, seniors! You will need to hit the ground running this fall:
- Just getting started with your college search? Sign up for the tests you will need to take - the SAT and/or ACT.
- If you haven't asked two teachers to write recommendations for you, make your request now.
- Narrow your list of colleges to the eight to ten schools to which you will apply.
- Decide if you will be applying under an early decision or early action plan at any schools.
- Try out a net price calculator - with your parents, if possible. Set aside 15 – 20 minutes, and visit the financial aid website of one of the colleges on your list, or try one of the net price calculators available at http://netpricecalculator.collegeboard.org/ so you can begin to understand what your financial aid package might look like.